Why Choose NUA at PPCC?
PPCC prepares its nursing assistant students with the skills, technical competence, and know-how needed to find a rewarding career. Graduates have a reputation for being caring, skilled and efficient nursing assistants, who are highly sought after in today's healthcare industry.
What will you study?
If you have a passion for bedside care, we can turn your passion into a career.
Join one of the nation's fastest-growing industries, earn your certificate and begin working in as little as ten weeks.
We offer affordable, hands-on training at Pikes Peak Community College, followed by a clinical experience which prepares you for the State test. For those interested in working in acute care, NUA 174 is completed in a hospital setting.
Example Classes you Might Take
Requirements MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE DEADLINE sent in your PPCC email. Failure to do so will delay your clinical rotation. Forms are available for download below.
1. Immunization Record Completed and signed by a PHYSICIAN, NURSE PRACTIONER, OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT ONLY using THIS PPCC health form. TB/Influenza Sheet TB must include test results and be within the past year. Flu shot for fall/spring semesters
2. Current Healthcare Provider CPR** card for all ages must be BLS or CPR for Healthcare Providers *HPR 102 at PPCC, or other organizations such as hospitals, red cross, local companies, military, etc. *This is a very specific class that must be obtained. It CANNOT be a Heartsaver class or an online CPR for Healthcare Provider course. It must be an in-person course
3. Verification of registration for NUA 170 & NUA 171 that corresponds to your 101 section. A copy of your class schedule.
4. Signed Student Acknowledgment form verifying that you have read both the syllabus and handbook, understand additional cost associated with the program as well as additional paperwork
5. Background check and drug screen- the background check and drug screen MUST be obtained through the company that PPCC contracts with. Any other version will NOT be accepted. This information will be given to you on the FIRST day of class and not sooner due to time constraints on how recently the information must be obtained to the start of clinical. Castle Branch Code PK 35
6. Additional Purchases: A gait belt is required (stethoscope is optional).For clinical you will need white scrubs, white shoes, white socks, PPCC NUA ID and patch. Please wait for additional instruction prior to purchasing these items.
7. At this time NO ADDITIONAL LAB SUPPLIES ARE NEEDED.
8. The state test Colorado Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook
9. Clinical Forms:
NURSING ASSISTANT INFORMATION SESSION
Nursing Assistant Information
- Overview of the program NUA 101, 170, 171 and 174
- Lecture/lab expectations, attendance policy, dress code
- Compliance Paperwork for clinical – Immunizations, Background Check and Drug Screen, CPR Certification
- Additional Costs and Requirements
**Please watch both the videos of the NUA Info Session.**