PPCC is a great place for international students. We have flexible class times including evening and weekend classes. At PPCC, students can begin work towards a bachelor's degree or graduate with a technical degree.
- November 15th for Spring Semester - classes begin in mid-January
- April 1st for Summer Semester - classes begin at the end of May
- July 1st for Fall Semester - classes begin at the end of August
*If you already have an F1 or M1 visa, the transfer student application and document deadline is 2 weeks prior to the first day of classes for the semester.
*Form I-20 will be issued after all required documents have been submitted and reviewed for acceptance.
Bachelors, Certificate and ESL programs are not eligible for F-1 visa holders at PPCC at this time. Please contact our office for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions for International Students
New Visa Holder
If you would like to attend PPCC with an F-1 visa to earn a degree we will need the following:
- Application for admission to Pikes Peak Community College.
Please select "F1 Visa" under citizenship type when you reach that area of the application.
After you apply, you will receive detailed communication and instruction from your assigned international representative within 2 business days.
- Your Proof of English Language Proficiency. We accept Duolingo English Test, TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC test scores. Please see the section on English Proficiency Requirements for all options available to meet English Language Proficiency“
- International Student Financial Statement & Student Information Form (sent after you apply)
- Original bank statements dated within the last three months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study. The statements must be on original bank letterhead.
- Sponsor letter if supported by an individual or organization
- High school graduation certificate OR unofficial transcript and/or college transcripts
- Copy of passport
If you are already in the United States and attending another college as an F1 or M1 visa student and would like to transfer to PPCC, we need the following documents:
- Items 1-7 in the New Visa Holder section above
- Copy of F1/M1 visa
- Copy of most recent I-94
- Copy of current I-20
- Copy of college transcript
- Transfer form, completed by international student advisor at your current school that proves you are in good standing academically and with your F1 or M1 visa (will be sent after you are accepted)
The minimum GPA required to transfer to PPCC is 2.0.
Students who have a terminated SEVIS record are not eligible for transfer to PPCC.
English Proficiency Requirements:
One of the following is needed as evidence of English proficiency.
- Duolingo English Test: Minimum Score of 110
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language): Minimum Score of 80
- Note: PPCC’s institution code for TOEFL is 4291
- PPCC only accepts TOEFL IBT scores
- IELTS (English Language Test System): Minimum Score of 6.5
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication): Minimum Score of 750
- Transcripts, Certificate or Diploma showing graduation from an English language school or intensive program of English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Transcripts showing passing an equivalent college-level English course in the U.S.
- If already in the US, passing score on the English as a Second Language (ESL)- four part Accuplacer Test, taken on-site at Pikes Peak Community College.
NOTE: Visa-seeking international applicants with secondary or post-secondary degrees from the United States and/or these select countries are exempt from providing English Proficiency Test Scores with their application package:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada (English Speaking, i.e. not Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Montserrat, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Scotland, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, The Bahamas, The British Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe
ATTENTION: PPCC is not issuing I-20's for the ESL program at this time. English proficiency scores must meet the requirement for degree courses without supplemental ESL courses. However, ESL courses can be taken in addition to the degree program as long as all requirements of the F-1 visa are met. Please contact your PPCC international representative for more information.
How to Submit Your Documents
All documents should be e-mailed to International@ppcc.edu or sent to the following mailing address:
Enrollment Services - Attn: International Admissions
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 S. Academy Blvd, Room A118
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Not an F1 or M1 Visa Student?
If you are in the USA on another type of visa, are a permanent resident or have another type of immigration status, and do not wish to obtain an F1 or M1 visa, your admission is the same as our other students. Become a Student here!
Guidelines for International Students
Academic Load and Performance
International students must enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester, summer term excluded. Additionally, students are expected to earn at least a 2.0 grade point average each semester.
Financial assistance is not available for international students at Pikes Peak Community College. All international students must have sufficient funds for their entire length of study.
Original bank documents dated within the last three months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study and living expenses.
- $33,400 is required for independent students*
- $19,740 for students living with a housing sponser (example – family, friend or organization)*
*Updated amounts as of October 2021.
International Transcript Evaluation
Students who have attended international institutions and want their credits evaluated for transfer must first have the international transcripts evaluated by a recognized member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and have an official copy of their course-by-course credit evaluation report sent directly to Pikes Peak Community College's Records department. Please see detailed information in the link below.
Pikes Peak Community College does not provide apartments or dormitory facilities for students.
Pikes Peak Community College recommends that international students obtain medical insurance coverage. You are not required to purchase a policy from one of the companies listed below but they are options available to you.
Want to network?
PPCC's Global Village is a great way to connect with students locally and all over the world.
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 S. Academy Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
E-mail is the best way to reach our International Admissions Office.
If you are a prospective F1 or M1 visa student, please send us an inquiry through our "Contact Us" form.
719-502-2484 (For F1 or M1 Visa questions)
From outside the U.S. (U.S. Country Code 01) + 719-502-2484