Why Choose Diet and Nutrition at PPCC?
The Certified Dietary Manager training program at Pikes Peak Community College provides accessible, quality education and training for a diverse student population to become experts in foodservice management and food safety and enter the profession as a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional. Job opportunities include Foodservice Manager, Dietary Director, Director of Food Services and Chef.
What will you study?
The Certified Dietary Manager program offers the education and training to prepare you to perform the responsibilities of a dietary manager and to pass the nationally-recognized credentialing exam to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP). Upon completion of the certificate program you will be able to:
- Provide optimal nutrition services to patients or residents as a member of the nutrition care team.
- Coordinate the service of food and nourishments among various departments such as dining and nursing.
- Oversee food safety, inventory, and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies.
- Arrange for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the foodservice equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate all administrative and human resources functions of the foodservice department.
Classes you will take:
A wide variety of job opportunities await PPCC graduates including:
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Foodservice Manager
- Dietary Director
- Director of Food Services
The PPCC Certified Dietary Manager program is accredited with the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
We invite all students to become a Pre-Professional Member with ANFP.